Daniel wrote:
Arnie Goetchius wrote:
Martin Feitag wrote:
NoOp schrieb:
On 08/03/2009 03:15 PM, Arnie Goetchius wrote:
Martin Feitag wrote:
I uninstalled and installed many times all weekend and today but was
never able to get it to prompt me for the import wizard. It always went
straight to the Profile Manager. Of course I can add all 8 profiles
there manually but that sucks. Each profile has it's own in-box and
newsgroups.
So have you tried to use
"C:\Program Files\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe" -P "SM2profile" -migration
as suggested?
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_migration_-_SeaMonkey#Import_Wizard>
regards

Martin

Yes, I did try that, many times. It worked once but after the first time, it sends me directly to the Profile Manager. It no longer gets me to the Import Wizard no matter what I try.
What does 'Tools|Import' bring up? That should bring up the import
wizard. If it does not show the other profiles, then the issue is that
you have them on 'F' and SM most likely doesn't know how to go and find
them.

Seamonkey should look where the profile is by looking where SM1 stored
the profile not by guessing the location to the default one.
I always have my profile on a D: drive and the migration found it, too.
(although I hve to admit I didn't start the migration wizard manually to
import several profiles like that)
regards

Martin

That fact you have your profile on the D: drive will, apparently, become irrelevant on SM2. According to Robert Kaiser's "Uninstallation" instructions, it states that the profile(s) in SM2, where SM2 stores your data, are located (for Windows XP)
Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\SeaMonkey.

In my installation, all of the data from SM1 was copied to this new profile location on the C: partition. Since I wasn't prepared for this, my C: partition ran out of room part way through the installation. A lot of what should have been transferred was not. No doubt this has caused many of the other problems I have been having getting this going. I had to do a repair installation of Windows XP and re-partition my C partition to add about 4 GB to accommodate SM2 and all of the email imported from my F: partition.

If I can't get SM2 to recognize

Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\SeaMonkey

on another partition, I doubt that I will ever use SM2. As a general rule, I don't like to put anything on the C: partition except the OS and it doesn't look like SM2 will let me do that.

Please, anybody, correct me if I am wrong.

Arne, I'm guessing that if YOU want YOUR profile where YOU want it, YOU will have to do a custom installation each time YOU upgrade.

I've (almost) always had my profile where I wanted it, so did Custom Installations.

Daniel

I did do a custom installation which allowed me to put the program on partition F:. In SM1, that would also put profile on F:. However, SM2 puts the profile and all of the mail and newsgroups on the C: partition under

Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Mozilla\SeaMonkey

See Robert Kaiser's uninstall instructions for verification of this location http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/2.0/install-and-uninstall
where it states

"Any version of SeaMonkey 2 or higher that you install after removing SeaMonkey 2 will continue to use the data from this profile folder. Note that SeaMonkey 1.x does not share this location of the profile folder and uses data from an independent location."

There is no control that I can find that will let me put the profile folder and all of the sub-folder any place but on C: :(