Ant wrote:
On 8/8/2009 6:18 PM PT, Mark Hansen typed:

On 08/08/09 15:09, Ant wrote:
Hello.

I use SeaMonkey v1.1.17 heavily and sometimes I use IE6 and Firefox
when the Web sites/pages doesn't work properly for whatever reasons
and for testings. I use IE View (http://ieview.mozdev.org/) extension
for launching Web pages from SeaMonkey. Is there one for Firefox too
and works on all OS' (Mac OS X 10.2.8, Debian/Linux, etc.)?

Thank you in advance. :)

Actually, SeaMonkey and Firefox use the same rendering engine, called
Gecko, so what you want is not necessary.

What about Firefox v3? I don't use SeaMonkey v2 since it is still a
prerelease (I will wait until it goes final whenever that is).

You probably would need to embed a whole Firefox 3.x for doing that, and it's easier to just use SeaMonkey 2. IEView also works only because you already have a full IE installed on your system and that is used to actually display the page.

SeaMonkey 2.0 is actually quite stable for a beta, but there are some smaller things that need to be fixed/polished and two larger features we want for final (tabbed mail and a new mac theme) still need to be done before we call it "final". Still, if you want the rendering of Firefox 3.x I'd advise you to try SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 1, it's probably the best solution.

Robert Kaiser