On 08/21/2009 01:07 AM, _\/_ Luctur _\/_ wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I've just found an annoying issue with SM 2.0pre.
>
> Here the details: I've chosen Ixquick over a https connection as my
> default search engine.
>
> Ixquick provides a .spec file that works with the normal Firefox and SM
> specifications so that I can change the default search engine via the
> GUI drop down list box. So far, so good.
>
> However, if I use the location bar as searching bar by imputing the
> words I looking for, I still have Google as default search engine
> because this feature is pointing to "keywords.URL" rather than to
> "browser.search.defaulturl" in about:config.
>
> So far, I can change keyword.URL only by hand in about:config. Am I
> wrong or is it really so?
>
> If there is any other GUI option, does it worth to file a RFE?

Works for me: 2.0b1 linux. Place the ixquick_seamon_en.src in the
/seamonkey/searchplugins folder. Note: I see you are using windows, so
your searchplugins folder will be in your 'Programs' directory where
seamonkey is installed.
Then: Edit|Preferences|Browser|Internet Search|Search using: lxquick
HTTPS - OK. Then in the URL bar enter: seamonkey
Search starts & url bar changes to:
<http://ixquick.com/do/metasearch.pl?query=seamonkey&cat=web&pl=ff&language=english>
I get:
"43 unique top-ten pages selected from at least 136,999,162 matching
results"

I've made no modifications in 'about:config'.