u...@domain.invalid wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
u...@domain.invalid wrote:

Can SeaMonkey/1.1.17 save just the name part of a login but not the password? I have not been able to it to do that. It looks like all or nothing.

You might try this:

Enter the username and click "submit" or whatever the site's login button says; when SM prompts you to save form data, say yes. Since you haven't entered the password, it won't save what it doesn't know.

The site will reject your login, of course, but you can then retry with your manually entered password.

Have tried that.  I have to save both or neither.
IE6 (ugh) does either / both.

OK, well, then, lie to it. Save a good username and a bad password. Then when SM fills the form, correct it. If it prompts you to update the info, say no.

Sorry I don't have anything better. Lot of trouble to go to unless your username is hard to type.

Paul B. Gallagher