On 09/01/2009 06:10 AM, JD wrote:
> I have changed the companies name but here is the error:
> You have attempted to establish a connection with
> "secure.companyebill.com". However, the security certificate presented
> belongs to "*company.com". It is possible, though unlikely, that someone
> may be trying to intercept your communication with this web site.
> If you suspect the certificate shown does not belong to
> "secure.companyebill.com", please cancel the connection and notify the
> site administrator.
> The choices are: View Certificate, OK, Cancel and Help.
> The odd thing is, I'm not trying to connect to the site. I have a
> bookmark for this company in a Credit Pay folder in a Companies folder
> in the dropdown menu for my Bookmarks so I'm not trying to connect to
> the site I'm just hovering over the link to the bookmark for the company
> in the sub folder. I don't have to click on the link to get the error.

Something is definitely odd here. You should _only_ get the warning if
you _click_ the link. Here is a test (taken from the SeaMonkey
smoketests & modified slightly) that I'd like you to try:

1. Go to https://www.verisign.com/ and book mark that page. Now in
Bookmarks|Manage Bookmarks - go to that link, right-click & select
'Properties' and change the URL to https://www.verisign.org/.

2. Exit Bookmarks, open Bookmarks and hover your mouse over the
bookmarked https://www.verisign.org/. Does it warn you about a
certificate issue? How about if you click on the bookmark?