David E. Ross wrote:
On 9/1/2009 6:10 AM, JD wrote:
I have changed the companies name but here is the error:

You have attempted to establish a connection with "secure.companyebill.com". However, the security certificate presented belongs to "*company.com". It is possible, though unlikely, that someone may be trying to intercept your communication with this web site.

If you suspect the certificate shown does not belong to "secure.companyebill.com", please cancel the connection and notify the site administrator.

The choices are: View Certificate, OK, Cancel and Help.

The odd thing is, I'm not trying to connect to the site. I have a bookmark for this company in a Credit Pay folder in a Companies folder in the dropdown menu for my Bookmarks so I'm not trying to connect to the site I'm just hovering over the link to the bookmark for the company in the sub folder. I don't have to click on the link to get the error.

This is a company that recently changed their bill pay address and I can tell you that their customer service is beyond bad and poor but I have no option to not use this company and/or their online bill pay so is there some way I can accept this certificate every time without having to select OK and/or contact the site administrator. All they will tell me is they don't support SeaMonkey. Speaking of that, it's Version 1.1.17 but it's not a SM problem.

I guess I could move the bookmark out of the folder if there is no other work around.

The error popup you get should have three radio buttons:
        Accept this certificate permanently
        Accept this certificate temporarily for this session
        Do not accept this certificate and do not connect to this Web
                site

Select either the first button (if you are truly convinced that you have
not been led to a bogus site) or the second button (if you are not
sure).  Then select the OK button.  (I would not attempt any financial
transactions in the second case.)

I'm looking at a screen capture of the error popup and the options were: View Certificate, OK, Cancel and Help. If I recall, when I selected View Certificate I didn't have the acceptance options.

It's moot now since I resolved it, did you see my Resolution Reply?

--
 JD..