Rick wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
Hello, it been a while I vowed never to come back to this forum except to ask a question. I remain true to my vow. I am asking a question

I have a puzzle.

examine this page with SM 1.1.17:

http://villageelectronicsservice.com/VacationSchedule.aspx

Now use: SM 2, FF3.0/3.5, Omniweb, Opera or iCab.

In all of those All-in-ones and Web Browsers The page for me views as it should.

In SM 1.1.17

after the side text is shown then the main text shows about an inch to inch and a half wide.

using the w3c validator, typing the link above shows numerous items needing correction and several warning. yet the other applications appear to load correctly. If you go to any links other than vacation, the pages work even on SM1.1.17.

Anyone have an explanation.
I agree with David Ross--poorly designed page--I would let them know about it. I am guessing that they paid to have this site designed and if it does not work in all browsers then IMO they basically wasted their money.
Your correct if you click on the first button shows the Company. Its a Consumer Electronics Repair Facility. Most Consumer Electronics Company are savvy in the business. No how to Repair and do pretty good a Book-keeping but only use Computer only as necessary to operate their business but as for designing website. they don't have the knowledge, or time. A lot hire a High school nerd the family knows to create a Basic site. Although there are some that very knowledgeable.

I can't say I am an expert I know enough to be dangerous. Fortunately I use DreamWeaver It it has a way to automatically fix errors On my on site there are minor errors related to how I bold face Titles Most are in one section which purely HTML code as opposed to XHTML. But at least in every web Browser I've tried it does work in every section.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com