Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
Sun, 30 Aug 2009 23:27:39 -0400, /Phillip Jones/:

examine this page with SM 1.1.17:

http://villageelectronicsservice.com/VacationSchedule.aspx

Now use: SM 2, FF3.0/3.5, Omniweb, Opera or iCab.

In all of those All-in-ones and Web Browsers The page for me views as it should.

It display as intended SeaMonkey 1.1.*, IMO. There's a weird table definition used to lay out the problem content:

<tbody>
</tbody>

Note the abbreviated empty-element XML syntax used is not compatible with the "text/html" type served, but what's really causing trouble is the second <td style="WIDTH: 10%">...</td> element which holds the main content. Why the author has chosen to specify 10% of the available space for the main content and 89% for its right margin is not clear to me. What we probably see with the more modern browsers is effect of the newer _non-normative_ automatic table layout [1] algorithm recommended just lately.

Yes. SM 1.1.16 honors the idiotic setting and hides most of the content, as the author seems to intend.

Paul B. Gallagher