Robert Kaiser wrote:
Hi all,

Today, the SeaMonkey project released a new version of its all-in-one internet suite. SeaMonkey 1.1.18 closes several security vulnerabilities and fixes a few smaller problems found in previous versions. With that, SeaMonkey stays at the same level of security as its sibling Thunderbird 2, which has been issuing updates for the same problems recently as well.

The SeaMonkey team urges users of older SeaMonkey versions, including the SeaMonkey 1.0.x series, which no longer receives security updates, to upgrade. Additionally, the team continues to strongly urge people still using the old Mozilla Suite or Netscape 4, 6 or 7 to upgrade to the new SeaMonkey 1.1.18 version. All these older software packages suffer from a large and steadily increasing number of security vulnerabilities because they are no longer being maintained. SeaMonkey 1.1.18 is a modern drop-in replacement, providing the same familiar suite functionality with additional features and fully up to date security.

SeaMonkey 1.1.18 is available for free download from the open source project's website at www.seamonkey-project.org.

Full news article:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/news#2009-09-03

Downloads for all available platforms and languages:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/#1.1.18

Release notes:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey1.1.18/

Greetings,

Robert Kaiser
SeaMonkey Council member

Sorry to contact you this way. You just responded to my post about 1.1.18 having problems. Because the View menu has disappeared from my screen (as well as File, Edit, and Help), I am not able to see my post and your response.

Also, I cannot click on anything in the browser as nothing happens. Can't get to any sites.

I did and have been deleting the old SeaMonkey before installing a new one.
By the way, I had this problem in previous releases but somehow it went away.

This time, I am almost out of business. I have tried going back to 1.1.16 and 1.1.17, and reinstalling 1.1.18.

Any help is very appreciated.

Stan