On 9/4/2009 5:20 PM, stan wrote:
> Robert Kaiser wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Today, the SeaMonkey project released a new version of its all-in-one
>> internet suite. SeaMonkey 1.1.18 closes several security vulnerabilities
>> and fixes a few smaller problems found in previous versions. With that,
>> SeaMonkey stays at the same level of security as its sibling Thunderbird
>> 2, which has been issuing updates for the same problems recently as well.
>>
>> The SeaMonkey team urges users of older SeaMonkey versions, including
>> the SeaMonkey 1.0.x series, which no longer receives security updates,
>> to upgrade. Additionally, the team continues to strongly urge people
>> still using the old Mozilla Suite or Netscape 4, 6 or 7 to upgrade to
>> the new SeaMonkey 1.1.18 version. All these older software packages
>> suffer from a large and steadily increasing number of security
>> vulnerabilities because they are no longer being maintained. SeaMonkey
>> 1.1.18 is a modern drop-in replacement, providing the same familiar
>> suite functionality with additional features and fully up to date security.
>>
>> SeaMonkey 1.1.18 is available for free download from the open source
>> project's website at www.seamonkey-project.org.
>>

>> Full news article:
>> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/news#2009-09-03
>>
>> Downloads for all available platforms and languages:
>> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/#1.1.18
>>
>> Release notes:
>> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey1.1.18/
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Robert Kaiser
>> SeaMonkey Council member
>
> Sorry to contact you this way. You just responded to my post about
> 1.1.18 having problems. Because the View menu has disappeared from my
> screen  (as well as File, Edit, and Help), I am not able to see my post
> and your response.
>
> Also, I cannot click on anything in the browser as nothing happens.
> Can't get to any sites.
>
> I did and have been deleting the old SeaMonkey before installing a new one.
> By the way, I had this problem in previous releases but somehow it went
> away.
>
> This time, I am almost out of business.  I have tried going back to
> 1.1.16 and 1.1.17, and reinstalling 1.1.18.
>
> Any help is very appreciated.
>
> Stan

Is the entire menu bar missing?  Or just parts of it?

If the entire menu bar is missing:

1.  You might be in "Full Screen" mode.  Try using F11 to exit that
mode.  F11 is a toggle for both entering and exiting that mode; you
might have accidentally hit F11 while reaching for the Backspace key.

2.  You might have accidentally clicked on the nubby area (name unknown
to me) at the far left of the menu bar.  If you see a small area
beginning with a right-pointing triangle, click on it once.  This too is
a toggle.  There is a toggle of this type for each bar at the top of the
window.  Because of anomalous motion of my cursor -- resulting from my
use of a laser mouse -- I occasionally click on one of those toggles
when I meant to click elsewhere in the window.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>