On 9/5/2009 3:33 PM stan wrote:
Here are pictures of the mail/news screen and the browser screen. (I think these will work. I had to enter them manually, couldn't copy and paste.)

http://www.fototime.com/5BFCDC830090807/standard.jpg

Looks like an extension is missing. Some extensions need to be installed into the application directory. After an update they're gone which breaks the UI. Here are your options to try (make backups as needed):
* create a new profile and check if that one works (mostly for verification)
* install the missing extension(s) if you remember those
* delete XUL.mfasl (located in your profile folder)
* delete/rename chrome.rdf (located in the chrome folder inside your profile folder)
* delete/rename the whole chrome folder inside your profile

HTH

Jens

--
Jens Hatlak <http://jens.hatlak.de/>