Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
Thu, 15 Oct 2009 05:35:40 -0500, /INFO WG/:

RE: <<  Re: Convert emails to plain text  >>

With instructions that "simple" it would take users, neophyte to computing or to SM, hours to master.

Why not have an SM 2.x option to Export some, one mail box, selected or all messages to standard text files, knowing that those files with HTML (graphics and/or RTF level content) or attachments would of course have to be handeled.

That's stupid. Why I haven't thought of the "ImportExportTools (MboxImport enhanced)" extension (I'm using myself), earlier:

http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmailnews.html#importexporttools

It provides context menu options like:

"Export all messages in a folder as Plain text format (one file)"

and more.

Thanks folks, I'll experiment with these methods and see which works best for me