On 10/15/2009 02:52 AM, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
> Thu, 15 Oct 2009 05:35:40 -0500, /INFO WG/:
>> RE: <<  Re: Convert emails to plain text  >>
>> With instructions that "simple" it would take users, neophyte to
>> computing or to SM, hours to master.
>> Why not have an SM 2.x option to Export some, one mail box,
>> selected or all messages to standard text files, knowing that
>> those files with HTML (graphics and/or RTF level content) or
>> attachments would of course have to be handeled.
> That's stupid.  Why I haven't thought of the "ImportExportTools
> (MboxImport enhanced)" extension (I'm using myself), earlier:
> http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmailnews.html#importexporttools
> It provides context menu options like:
> "Export all messages in a folder as Plain text format (one file)"
> and more.

For individual msgs: File|Save As|File will save the msg (or multiple
msgs) as a plain text message. Now the interesing bit is that it will
put a .eml tag on the end. On my system (linux), Nautilus will default
to Opera to open the file (works). If I try to open in SeaMonkey 1.1.18
or 2.0, neither will open the file... _unless_ I change the .eml to .txt
and _then_ they will open the file in the browser window.

So thinking that I'd just change the Helper Application to include a
mime encapsulated web archive
I find that I can no longer do that in SeaMonkey 2.0 (can in 1.1.18).