Ray_Net wrote:
chicagofan wrote:
Bob Fleischer wrote:
chicagofan wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
I have the same problem .... hanging pop-up when the mail has been
sent. Why are you convinced that this bug is solved in SM 2.0 ?

It hasn't been, through the 2.0 RC1 that I downloaded. I've been
wondering if I changed the settings NOT to save a copy for Sent
messages, would that problem go away. I guess if this doesn't get fixed
in the 2.0 final version I'll get around to testing it. ;)   bj

I saw this window (just once) in RC1 also.
Bob

It's happened several times with me, which is normal for previous versions.
It seems to be a timing thing.  If the news server doesn't respond
quickly, this is where I see more of these hang ups,  and eventually have
to cancel the window.  Sometimes the message is sent, sometimes not, I
suppose depending on how soon I canceled out.

It's puzzling... maybe SM should disconnect sooner?  Is there a setting
for attempts to connect?    bj

You have a good approach ... it's certainly a "timing window" problem. This
kind of problem is not easy to cure, because it's not easy to reproduce. And
will never corrected in SM due to the politic way of managing bugs ... :-) We
can close this thread :-)

LOL!!!  Message received!  :)
bj