D. K. Kraft wrote:
A) Password manager multiple requests -- I currently use a Master Password with SM 1.1.18, set for "If it has not been used for [10]
minutes or longer," and it works as expected, with necessary requests
being made within those parameters for needed passwords on a web page
or for mail access.  SM 2.0RC1 makes what appear to be random
requests that have nothing to do with actually supplying a password,
including a request at start-up of only the browser, and it doesn't appear to honor the above timeout settings. This is becoming *very*
annoying, and from a scan of Bugzilla, there still is no fix in the
works.

Unfortunately the real solution was not ready in time for SM 2.0 (it depends on code shared with Thunderbird and Firefox and requires some knowledge, thinking and testing to get it right). The Master Password prompt at startup, which can be disabled by setting the signon.startup.prompt pref to false, is meant as an interim solution for those who setup a Master Password (no prompt appears for those who didn't setup one). It works quite well if you don't let it expire. If you do the underlying problem (multiple simultaneous login prompts) may be exposed again. I didn't check; for now I can only suggest to not let it expire if you otherwise get into trouble.

HTH

Jens

--
Jens Hatlak <http://jens.hatlak.de/>