Robert Kaiser wrote:
SeaMonkey 2.0 Release Candidate 1 is now available for free download on the SeaMonkey website. We encourage testers to get involved in discussing and reporting problems as well as further improving the product.

Full news article:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/news#2009-10-10

Downloads for all available platforms and languages:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.0rc1

Perhaps the "check for updates" should suggest more testing at this level rather than tracking the daily releases (as many of us have been doing).

Release notes (preliminary ones for 2.0, RCs don't get separate relnotes):
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.0

System Requirements:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/2.0/system-requirements