Hey, thanks to everyone who has replied so far -- which is not to discourage further replies! After reading the responses, I may just install the latest version of SM after all, but I still have to uninstall the existing one first.
--
Jim
=========

Jim J wrote:
I have some problems with my Seamonkey installation which can best be solved by uninstalling, rather than simply upgrading or re-installing over the existing installation. I'm not looking for solutions to those problems.

However, instead of installing Seamonkey again, I'd like to install Firefox & Thunderbird. What folders/files do I need to backup in order to preserve my e-mail data (messages, server settings, etc.) and browser data such as passwords, bookmarks etc., and how would I then transfer those folders/files to Firefox & Thunderbird?

Thanks in advance -- Jim