asmpgmr wrote:
On Oct 28, 5:31 am, Robert Kaiser<ka...@kairo.at>  wrote:
asmpgmr wrote:
Isn't there an early build out there that supports Gecko 1.9.1.x but
still has the SeaMonkey 1.1.x UI ?

Not one that is nearly secure. And btw, now that we have a newer
release, 1.1.18 is badly insecure, 80% of all security holes fixed in
Gecko 1.9.1.1 to 1.9.1.4 do exist in SeaMonkey 1.1.18 but were never
fixed there.

Of course you missed my point. The reason for getting such a release
would be to keep the SeaMonkey 1.1.x UI as is but easily drop in the
current version of Gecko 1.9.1.x and potentially keep Gecko updated.

You don't understand. The old UI and the backends it used had some of the security problems right in them - and the old UI just doesn't work with the 1.9.1.x platform, that's one reason for the large rewrites. E.g. the old password manager was able to send the first password to a website without you actually doing anything - at least in some hard to reproduce cases.

Robert Kaiser