stango wrote:
Evan Davidson wrote:
Phillip Jones wrote:
JD wrote:
Rufus wrote:
JD wrote:
The password manager in SM version 2 sucks. Password Manager doesn't
fill in the user name or password until I enter the start of it. V
1.1.18 filled it in when I went to a page that had a user name and/or
password..

How long will V 1.1.18 be supported while I find something else to
use?

I'm sorry to be such a complainer but I'm not impressed with my SM
"update".

Works as previous for Mac OS X - I go to the page and Password Manager
fills in the entire stored entries.

On my XP home edition, it works on some pages like it used to but on
others I have to click. I'm getting used to it. (I guess.)

I've noticed for a while That on many sites now the password Manager
will remember the username but not the password and on some bank
sites or CC Site even with it on it remembers neither.

There use to be a script you could add to SeaMonkey, that would make
it store passwords anyway. Anyone know where that is?

https://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html and drag "remember
passwords" to your personal toolbar.

You should not have to install additional software to make a function in
Seamonkey 2.0 operate correctly.

Password Manager does not function correctly in that it indeed only
works some of the time.

It does not appear to have a problem with standard HTTP: sites but is
unpredictable with HTTPS secure sites.

Connecting to my Capital One secure account and clicking on my User ID
does nothing. Double clicking on my User Id results in a drop down list
with my ID. The Password field is prefilled with asterisks and double
clicking on it highlights the asterisks the field.

Connecting to my Comerica secure account and clicking on the User ID box
does nothing. Double clicking on my User ID does nothing either. However
if I double click on my User ID, then double click on my Password and
then go back and double click on my User ID my User ID appears in a drop
down list. At first I thought this was a timing issue but after waiting
5 minutes for something to happen proved that this was not the case.

Connecting to my Chase secure account, nothing works. Single clicks,
double clicks, in one field, in all fields, I get absolutely no response.

Because I have over 60 user accounts and passwords for on line ordering
and financial management this is a very important required function.
Without it SM 2.0 is not usable to me so I will continue to use 1.1.18
in hopes that this problem will be resolved.

Excepting one other problem, I do like the new version and appreciate
the effort that goes into bringing a project like this into the world.

It was my experience with the older version that a very few web pages would not let Password Manager do it's thing and that's when the bookmarklet came in handy.

However, the new version doesn't work very well on many web pages so I'll post a question about that in this newsgroup and see if someone comes up with a fix.

--
 JD..