Rufus wrote:
Stefan wrote:
Rufus skriver:
Stefan wrote:
Rufus skriver:

I also noted not long ago that setting sizes for the Navigation and
Personal Toolbars is a bit strange/non-intuitive - when it comes to
setting button size. I like large buttons in the Nav bar, and small
ones
in the Personal bar...but the Customize option changes both - once you
change it. There is a dance you can do to get back to where I began,
but
it seems you can't right-click and Customize either bar by itself -
only
in the Nav bar...same core issue?

No, you should be able to right-click in the Personal Toolbar and set
the icon size for that toolbar (it won't affect your bookmark folders,
though). Try right-clicking close to the Home button.

/Stefan

That did work, thanks. It's just very hard to target an area that will
respond to the right-click so I must have stumbled around to what you
said at random previously. Seems to actually be a bit easier to find
your target with the old Modern Theme than the new Default...but I think
you've explained why.

Interesting that you get a different contextual menu depending on which
side of the separator you click on, but once you've seen it and know
what's what, it's clear.

And on trying that, I just discovered this: when I bring up the
Customize option, the Bookmarks Items folder appears in the Toolbar even
though I'd previously dragged it out - but then is not there once I
close Customize; like it's "hidden" vise removed. But the end result is
what I want(ed) displayed on exit - have you seen that? Again, this is
with the old Modern Theme.

No, I haven't seen that. If you can find a way to reproduce it (might
want to try with a new profile etc), it's probably worth filing a bug.

/Stefan

I just looked at it again and tried dragging it out to make sure - it
was then that I noted I'd confused "Bookmarks Toolbar Items" for
"Bookmarks". All is well on that one...

I found a workaround that solves the targeting problem for right-click - go into Customize and add a Space between the Home button and the Bookmarks Toolbar Items folder in the Toolbar - that helps nicely.

But now I'm curious - in my Bookmarks the folder is called Personal Toolbar Folder, and in the Customize menu it's called Bookmarks Toolbar Items - hence my previous confusion on a quick glance. Is that because I migrated my Profile from SM 1.1.18, or is it actually a labeling mis-match? i.e.; if I had started with a brand new Profile would the two say the same thing?

--
     - Rufus