Benoit Renard wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Jens Hatlak wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Several times, over the years, I have suggested that there *SHOULD*
be a clickable link as part of the Mail& Newsgroup splash screen,
but, sadly, I'm still waiting.

The alteration would have to happen in
"chrome://messenger/content/start.xhtml" but I don't know how to do
it.

If you ask how to do it for yourself only:
1. Go to your SeaMonkey install directory
2. Open chrome/messenger.jar with a ZIP program (e.g. 7-Zip)
3. Edit content/messenger/start.xhtml
(
4. Open chrome/en-US.jar with a ZIP program
5. Edit en-US/messenger/start.dtd
)
Your changes will be overwritten whenever you update SM.

If you ask how to do it for everyone:
1. File a
bug<https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=SeaMonkey>
2. Describe exactly what you propose
3. Find someone to implement it
4. Get the module owner (Karsten) to accept it

HTH

Jens

Yes, Jens, you are right, I should put it in through
Bugzilla.....and if
I can remember my password, I will!!

On the given page ...
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=SeaMonkey
... you have the possibility to retrieve/create a new password based on
your email adress: it's written:
"If you have an account, but have forgotten your password, enter your
e-mail address below and submit a request to change your password."

Ray, I've got myself in a mess....first time I wasn't sure of my
password, tried several, until bugzilla barred me, then I located my
real password and tried to retrieve/create my password, but, because I
was barred, I cannot even change my password, so now I guess I'll have
to make a new profile.

Shouldn't this be temporary? Try again. If that doesn't work, ask for
support from an administrator.

Yep, it's been a couple of days, so I'll have to give this a try.

Daniel