Mark Hansen wrote:
On 3/2/2010 7:41 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Me, too.

A thorough examination of my system shows that all the /folders/ in my profile have gray (not black) checkmarks, which normally indicates that some of their contents are read-only and some are not (I suppose it could also mean the attribute is not set for these folders). However, all the actual /files/ are not read-only. This is with system and hidden files and folders revealed.

Still, if the OP wants to clear the read-only attribute quickly and easily after copying from a CD, the technique I described is the way to go. Fast, easy, painless, guaranteed to work.

Did the OP copy from a CD?

No, no CD was involved.

Frog