You're using terminology which I don't completely understand, so my
help will be a guess at what you actually mean. I hope this is helpful...

On 3/19/2010 4:44 PM, Frog wrote:
> I am currently subscribed to three accounts (established when I
> purchased my computer).  I would like to subscribe to others such groups
> like genealogy, bird watching, traveling, etc,  I don't know how to
> access a complete listing of all possible groups that one can subscribe to.

I don't know what you mean by Accounts here. Do you mean e-mail accounts?
ISP accounts? Perhaps if you could provide us the names of these accounts,
it will become clearer.

> When I click File (on the SeaMonkey Mail page)>open Subscribe--I can
> only see the three Accounts that are currently subscribed to on my
> system.  Should I be able to (somehow) access the complete listing from
> this window?

I'm using SM 1.1.16, but I don't see File -> Open -> Subscribe. Did you
mean File -> Subscribe?

SM should be managing two types of "accounts" for you: E-Mail accounts
and News Group accounts.

When I select my e-mail account (I use an IMAP server), I can subscribe
to specific mail boxes within that account.

When I select a news server account, I can subscribe to specific news
groups within that server. As an example, on news.mozilla.org news
server, I have subscribed to the mozilla.support.seamonkey news group
(among others).

> Is there some place on the web that will help me with this subject?

This news groups seems fine :)

> Also, I think I will have to establish a new entry in the Mail &
> Newsgroups Account Settings for each group I subscribe to--is that correct?

Not for each news group you subscribe to. You just create a Newsgroup
account for the news server (like news.mozilla.org or one provided by
your ISP), then you can subscribe to individual news groups provided
by that server.