NoOp wrote:
On 04/09/2010 05:05 PM, JD wrote:
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
JD wrote:

NoOp wrote:
On 04/09/2010 06:24 AM, JD wrote:
A web page that I trust appears to have let it's security
certificate expire and now I can't sign on. There window that pops
up says:

www.changed-webpage-name.com uses an invalid security certificate.

That's also not a valid/working registered domain name either.

Mr Paranoia here munged the e-mail address.  8-)

Mr Paranoia needs to hear about www.example.com (.net) (.org)
which are reserved for this kind of purpose.  8-)

But those are not "valid/working registered domain names either"  8-)

I really thought "changed-webpage-name" was pretty clever. I'll go back
to lurking now.

Perhaps in the future you might just give the actual url. That way you
won't wast folks time.

While we are on certs; this might be of interest to others:
<http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=6016&tag=nl.e589>
<http://blog.mozilla.com/security/2010/04/06/removing-the-rsa-security-1024-v3-root/>
<http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=6016&tag=nl.e589>

If I had wanted to give the actual URL I would have but I didn't want to do that. I thought certs was a breath mint, or is it a candy?

--
 JD..