In <news:mlkdnuvgq5l4jorrnz2dnuvz_v2dn...@mozilla.org>,
"Paul B. Gallagher" <pau...@pbgdashtranslations.com> wrote:

> »Q« wrote:
>
> > In
> > Ray Chandler <chandl...@ukf.net> wrote:
> >
> >> At the top of every digest it says:
> >>
> >> "When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more
> >> specific than "Re: Contents of support-seamonkey digest..." "
> >>
> >> So if changing the subject line makes it a new post, but new posts
> >> are a bad thing when replying to a thread, what should I do?
> >
> > You're doing it exactly the way you're supposed to.  There are
> > people who dislike the way replies to digests work, but that
> > doesn't mean you should have to stop replying to them the way you
> > have been.
>
> Ray's question, and the problem for others, is how he can receive
> posts in digest form and reply while maintaining proper threading.
> AFAIK, he can't (it's either digest or proper threading), but perhaps
> some of the experts will offer a solution.

You're right, he can't.  The problem is that every time someone does
this, his support questions are ignored and instead there's a long
discussion of threading.

The mailing list, including its digest form, is supposed to be a way
for people to get help from peers here.  IME here, though, no one
manages to get any help until he's been persuaded to stop using the
list first and switch to NNTP.

Ray, I can't help with your actual question about SeaMonkey, but you
might want to repost it now that the diversion is over.

--
                                    ASCII Ribbon Campaign        \ /