On 8/30/10 7:35 AM, Ant wrote:
> On 8/29/2010 3:54 PM PT, David E. Ross typed:
>>
>> I have the PrefBar extension installed for SeaMonkey.  I use the
>> JavaScript checkbox to disable JavaScript whenever I view the Huffington
>> Post, not because of what happens to navigation arrows but because of
>> the annoying same-window popups.  I also disable JavaScript for several
>> other news Web sites for the same reason.  The only problem is
>> remembering to enable JavaScript before I visit a page where it is
>> really needed.
>
> Strange, I don't get pop-ups there but then I do use AdBlock Plus. Is
> there a way to white and black lists web sites for JS? But then other
> features on those web sites would break. Ugh!

The "popups" are not advertisements; they are not even true popups.
They are in the form of large tool-tips, comments on the item over which
the cursor is hovering.  Thus, AdBlock Plus (which I too use) will not
block them.  Although they are not ads, they are very annoying because
they often hide adjacent content.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross