MintyJewel schrieb:
Can you please explain ( to confused little me ) why there are so many
massive overhauls?

The updates that get applied automatically are only security and stability fixes, not "massive overhauls". Those should never break anything, and any add-ons from the official SeaMonkey add-ons site should work just as well before and after those minor updates.

Massive upgrades to new versions will never be done automatically (we are not Google, who are crazy enough to do that for Chrome) but only after asking you if you want to upgrade. Also, those are pretty rare, probably not more than one per year.

Robert Kaiser

--
Note that any statements of mine - no matter how passionate - are never meant to be offensive but very often as food for thought or possible arguments that we as a community needs answers to. And most of the time, I even appreciate irony and fun! :)