On 10/12/2010 1:40 PM On a whim, Nelson Bolyard pounded out on the keyboard

I'm asking this question in both SeaMonkey and Thunderbird support groups
because I figure the answer is likely the same for either product.

My aged aunt lost her address book file in her Mac SeaMonkey profile.
But her sent folder is intact, with all the emails she's sent in the last
decade.  Is there any way to populate a new fresh address book using the
To and CC addresses in the emails in her sent folder?

I could extract all the To and CC addresses from the folder (with grep).
If I did that, and had a plain text file of email addresses, would there
be a way to repopulate her address book from that file of email addresses?

Hi Nelson,

Here is a link that might help recover the profile of the AB that was lost:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Talk:Recovering_a_missing_profile

A similar question was asked recently regarding exporting addresses in email. Here is my answer to them:

As far as I know, the only way would be to open the email and press
Ctrl-U to view the source, then copy the email addresses that way.

You can export your current address book as a CSV and open it to view
how it's laid out. Excel will place each field in a column, but a plain
text editor will use commas for each field.  You can use whichever
you're more comfortable with and then import the file into your AB when
done.

Terry R.