>> I could extract all the To and CC addresses from the folder (with grep). If I did that, and had a plain text file of email addresses, would there be a way to repopulate her address book from that file of email addresses? <<

This is a programming issue that can be attacked in a number of different ways... your mention of grep indicates some tech skills

The first thing that comes to my mind is to use a text editor with a good macro utility...

...for example using http://textpad.com , I would;

open the sent file

then build a macro that;

search for "@"
search for ")"
begin marking (<shift>)
search backwards for "("
copy
switch window (to a collection file)
paste
type carriage return
switch back

(note, other characters than "(" might be better markers)

repeat to end of file...

Then sort the lines alphabetically and you would be in a good position to delete large blocks such as her address and lines that didn't begin with "(" etc, etc...

Then either de-dupe or manually cut duplicate lines.

...above is theory, untested, but have done many similar jobs using textpad macros.

Beverly Howard