Traveller wrote:
On 13/10/2010 5:40, Rick Merrill wrote:
Nelson Bolyard wrote:
I'm asking this question in both SeaMonkey and Thunderbird support
groups
because I figure the answer is likely the same for either product.

My aged aunt lost her address book file in her Mac SeaMonkey profile.
But her sent folder is intact, with all the emails she's sent in the
last
decade. Is there any way to populate a new fresh address book using the
To and CC addresses in the emails in her sent folder?

I could extract all the To and CC addresses from the folder (with grep).
If I did that, and had a plain text file of email addresses, would there
be a way to repopulate her address book from that file of email
addresses?

Can you drag n drop from "Collected Addresses" to "Personal Addresses"?

Yes.

My question was addressed to the OP to see if this
would address his aunt's need.