*-* On Tue, 12 Oct 2010, at 13:40:36 -0700,
*-* In Article <c8ydncsesovwwinrnz2dnuvz_r2dn...@mozilla.org>,
*-* Nelson Bolyard wrote
*-* About recreate address book from sent folder?

> I'm asking this question in both SeaMonkey and Thunderbird support
> groups because I figure the answer is likely the same for either
> product.
>
> My aged aunt lost her address book file in her Mac SeaMonkey
> profile.  But her sent folder is intact, with all the emails she's
> sent in the last decade.  Is there any way to populate a new fresh
> address book using the To and CC addresses in the emails in her sent
> folder?

     For Thunderbird there is the EMail Address Crawler extension
(<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/9995/>), but
there doesn't appear to be anything similar for SeaMonkey. :-(

     As a workaround, you could temporarily install Thunderbird,
install the Crawler extension and let it do its thing in her Sent
folder, and then uninstall the extension and Thunderbird.  If you do
that, I would recommend using TB2 rather than TB3.  Some of the
reviews of the extension indicate that it doesn't work with (at least)
some versions of TB3, and for a temporary installation you don't need
that added hassle/uncertainty.

                                        Ken Whiton
--
    FIDO: 1:132/152