On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 23:39:48 -0400, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

> If you will refer back to my original question, which you keep ducking,
> I asked whether the splash screen had been eliminated or whether I
> needed to toggle an option to restore it. I can afford to waste 5-10 KB
> of RAM for a few seconds to confirm that the program is actually
> starting. It's not like I'm killing more trees to print out a manual I
> use as a doorstop.

The Splash screen was lost in the migration to the new toolkit used by
Firefox and Thunderbird. *Then* the toolkit peers weren't interested in
splash screens and told us toughies. But Fennec came along and it
started up really sloooow (at least in the early alphas) so all of a
sudden Toolkit gained a splash screen. All we need is [1] someone to add
a bunch of lines to get back a splash screen and [2] someone else to
provide a suitable splash screen. Any volunteers?

Phil