Neil Winchurst wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
Neil Winchurst wrote:
Although not new to computers I am fairly new to SeaMonkey. I am using
version 2.0.14. There has been a lot of chat about the new version 2.1.
Since my version works just fine for me is there any real reason or
advantage to moving up?

I feel that I would be quite happy to stay where I am. If it ain't broke

If you have decide to use SM instead of IE, you should know that with SM
you always must change,upgrade, etc .... there is no "stable release"

I have never used IE. Previously I used Thunderbird, which is still set
up on my computer as a back up system. I realise that there is no stable
release, but if my current version works for me, which it does, where's
the problem with staying with it?

Neil

Ray,

Your idea of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" until it is broke is a good idea. Until it comes to upgrading security problems. IE still has security problems that are years old, but the Mozilla Team (SeaMonkey included) grabs any and all reported security problems and corrects them within a few days, and then issues an update to the current version.

Neil,
You might elaborate on what you mean by "no stable release" for SeaMonkey. As far as I know when the SeaMonkey Team releases a version for public release it is a Stable Release. Any versions rleased before the public release are testing release versions and they are not considerred as "Stable", but used for testing for bugs.

Michael G