Daniel wrote:
WLS wrote:
Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
WLS wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
WLS wrote:
Ray_Net wrote:
MCBastos wrote:
Interviewed by CNN on 05/08/2011 11:17, Bill Davidsen told the
world:

Some commercial users have complained that they can't do a QA
cycle
that often,
and according to the reports were told that Firefox is not
suitable
for business
use. I can dig out the link for anyone who hasn't learned to
use a
search
engine, I saw it in either networkworld.com or slashdot.

This guy at Ars Technica had a different spin on the issue:

http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2011/06/firefox-update-policy-the-enterprise-is-wrong-not-mozilla.ars/

Where we can read: "six week cycle is the goal."

Therefore the end-user MUST install a new version each six weeks.
He have other things to do ....
This is why he will decide: I will stay on my version for at least
one
year ... i am not part of an SM testing group.

You are a part of any browser testing group whether you want to
be or
not. Even the most stable releases have bugs, and new security holes
are
often found that need to be fixed.

Some light reading for you if you so choose.

http://blog.mozilla.com/channels/2011/07/18/every-six-weeks/

and since Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey are all Gecko based,
this
was an interesting read for me.

At the end of the article, i read: "Comments are closed."

http://blog.lizardwrangler.com/2011/08/02/extending-our-reach-lets-talk-gecko/

That was written by Mitchell Baker the Chair of the Mozilla
Foundation.

I still want a crank for my auto ignition, but I had to move on, to
that
danged remote starter thingy,

I agree to "start for the future" but people need less steps to go to
the future ... not a change every six weeks.

If you want to miss out on 3D sound visualizers with WebGL and HTML5
Audio, that is your choice.

I want all the latest new web innovations, whether I use them or not.

I'd post a link to the demo, but it currently works in Firefox only.
Come on SM developers get caught up! :)

Huh, unless the web app is specifically targetting Firefox and ignoring
everyone else, a similar-Gecko-Version SeaMonkey should work for those
pure-web demo's.

Can you provide a link to what is not working in SeaMonkey that
Works in
Firefox on a web demo level. ESPECIALLY if it is hosted by mozilla.

Thanks,

Just tested it in SeaMonkey and it works. Needing a Firefox browser was
the author's words not mine. Sorry, I should have checked.

Stating you needed a modern Gecko based browser may have been better.

Here is the link if anyone wants to view the demo.

http://robhawkes.github.com/webgl-html5-audio-visualiser/

Clicking on the link got me Jazz sounding music with a blank screen and
"Done"

SeaMonkey 2.2 on Mandriva Linux 2009.0 on a HP 6730b laptop.

Do you have WebGL disabled in about:config?

Yes.

--
Daniel