WaltS wrote:
> On 12/31/2012 12:53 PM, BIll Spikowski wrote:
>> Ed Mullen wrote:

>>> Check in Tools - Add-ons Manager to see if there is a Adobe PDF plugin
>>> and deactivate it.  Also, go into Adobe Reader and turn off updates.
>>>
>>> And unless you have some love for Adobe Reader, uninstall and get the
>>> free Foxit PDF reader:
>>

>> I have no love for Adobe Reader, but I use the full Adobe Acrobat
>> version 9.5, which is listed as a plug-in in the Add-ons Manager. If I
>> disable that, do you know what will happen? Is that decision easily
>> reversible?
>>
>> I hesitate to turn off Adobe updates, given the dire security warnings
>> they keep providing!
>>
>> I'm normally happy just to experiment, but when it comes to the
>> interaction of Adobe Acrobat and Seamonkey, it's a complete mystery to
>> me, and I've learned to hesitate tinkering with a PDF setup that
>> finally works for me...
>>

> I would think this also applies to SeaMonkey.
>
> Adobe Reader 9.5.1 and below was blocked in October 2012.
>
> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/blocked/p156>

I don't know why anyone would continue to use READER 9.5.1, when a
free upgrade to 11 is easily available, as are numerous competing
products that many people prefer.

But I'm using the full Adobe Acrobat 9.5.1, not Reader 9.5.1. I think
SM is confusing the two. Acrobat 9.5.1 is updated constantly; it's not
the latest version, but it's hardly obsolete, or unpatched as to security.

I think you've identified the source of my problem -- that SM thinks
I'm using READER 9.5.1 and is blocking it "for my own good."

Understanding that should help me find some solution....