BIll Spikowski wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
BIll Spikowski wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

I've never been able to figure out why some people want to have
both programs installed. If you have the full Acrobat program, what
good is the Reader? You already have a perfectly good reader in
Acrobat. So don't confuse them, and don't confuse the OS, and don't
confuse SM. Delete the Reader and just run Acrobat.

Paul, I agree completely -- that's why I'm frustrated when SM blocks
the full Acrobat program and insists that I install a new version of
the crippled Reader.

Can't say that's ever happened to me. I've heard of firewalls and such
blocking installers, but SM has never done that.

If it ever happens to you, this is what you'll see: You will click on
a PDF link in SM mail or browser, expecting it to open in a new tab
(at least that's how my system is set up); instead you'll be given a
solid grey screen that says "Check for updates... Click here to
activate plugin."

There are other reasons for this screen occasionally appearing
(usually that acrobat.exe is hung up), but this time you'll be asked
to update Acrobat. If you accept, you will find Acrobat Reader 11 to
be installed in place of your full Acrobat plug-in.

On Mac the PDFViewer.plugin (from Adobe) does not work on SeaMonkey and FireFox, Or any gecko based Browser. Nothing available .PDF.Js extension, or PDFBrowser.plugin (by Schubert of Germany) don't do Forms. I've tried to get in touch with Schubert but he doesn't answer his support email address. (suspect he has discontinue work or has passed away.) I need Forms to work. I use a Lot of PDF's on my Web site and use a Button when click goes back to a home page.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.      "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net    mailto:pjones...@comcast.net