Connie wrote:

WaltS wrote:

I think he means the advice not to install 2.15.1, due to the known
security vulnerabilities that are fixed by an update from 2.14.

Hallo

Right.  I've gone with 2.14 for now.

I'm not sure I like it having to decide if I ALWAYS want SeaMonkey to
open to mail or to the browser.  It was handy having an icon in Quick
Launch (browser) and one in the systray (for mail).

You can still have that, if you create two shortcuts, one for each function.

Right-click the shortcut and choose "Properties." For the target, you'll see something like this:
        "C:\Program Files (x86)\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe"

Change it to read
        "C:\Program Files (x86)\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe" -mail
and it will always open the mail application.

Change it to read
        "C:\Program Files (x86)\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe" -browser
and it will always open the browser.

So if you create two different shortcuts with the two different instructions, each will open the desired application.

Paul B. Gallagher