hawker wrote:
On 4/1/2014 5:08 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
hawker wrote:

It is hard to say what exactly is going on. What I see is that I'll
be typing along and all of a sudden whammo my text looks totally
different. Usually it is larger and appears to switch back to the
default font rather than what I was in.  The stored message also is
the new font. Looking at Bugzilla I see a few old Thunderbird bugs
about fonts changing but nothing that seems to be recent or followed
up on.

OK, so we're talking about HTML messages, not plain text?

Yes.

yes... outside of newsgroup folks... our daughters, wives, mothers and friends all compose in HTML... few non-techie males know there is a distinction between plain txt and html... and would look puzzled if you asked them about it...

--
... Rather than a beep,
  Or a rude error message,