Daniel wrote:
HP 6730b laptop dual-booting Win7SP1 and MandrivaLinux 2009

Last night, I was using my Win7 system, update anti-viral/anti-malware
and noticed that a SM2.29b1 was available so clicked on ....

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/2.29b1/contrib/

and selected the 37MB download. My network meter indicated that I did
download a considerable amount of data, but I've got no idea where it
went, as I didn't get the small screen which gives me the choice to Open
with..... or Save File.

Tonight, in my linux incarnation, I do get this screen so can select
where I want to save the file to.

Why didn't I get the choice in Win7??

(Follow-up set to m.s.seamonkey)

The last time I upgraded it just downloaded into Seamonkey, I restarted and it was done. No file saved. But I have in the past actually downloaded the file and installed it as a separate step. Did it upgrade your Seamonkey?

--
 GW Ross

 Never drive faster than you can see.
 -- Jack Burton