On 30/08/14 00:44, Neil wrote:
Daniel wrote:

On 29/08/2014 10:01 PM, Daniel wrote:

Here I am, in my Win7 installation, and at Edit->Preferences -
Browser - Downloads, in the top section (When starting a download) I
have "Open the download manager" selected (and "Just Flash .... as
well) and they both happen,, and in the middle section (When saving a
file) I have "Always ask me where to save files" selected.

(I see in the unselected "Save files to" I do have Downloads selected
- still cannot find the file anywhere on my Windows drives.)

Note: I did not, at any recent time, have "Save files to" selected,
just commenting that if I had, then the file should have gone to
"Downloads" as suggested.

Well that's odd. The only thing that comes to mind is that perhaps you
have some addon that tries to redirect downloads to a third-party
download manager.

I suppose that's a possibility, Neil, but I cannot recall adding any add-ons recently, in either Win or Linux, so cannot see how or why my situation has changed.

Following on from Ray's suggestion, I'm thinking of changing to "Save file to .... Downloads", download something and then change the setting back to my normal. Can't hurt!!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0 SeaMonkey/2.26 Build identifier: 20140415200419
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.26 Build identifier: 20140408191805