Arnie Goetchius wrote:
Larry S. wrote:
My wife has SM 2.46 on a Dell laptop using Windows 10. Yesterday it
worked just fine. Today it won't start. No mail, no browser, nothing.
Her other programs work perfectly.

She has restarted the computer at least three times. She checked on task
manager--one time it showed, and she stopped it (although it still
wouldn't start). She tried to start it from the list of programs; no luck.

Any suggestions or ideas? We'd be very appreciative.

Larry S.
O.K., we've tried several things as suggested. It won't open in safe mode.
Reinstalled it--still won't open. In Task Manager, doesn't matter if "End Task"
is used but still won't open. Note that it shows memory usage, but not processor
or HD usage.

Just to clarify, I assume that it shows memory usage BEFORE "End Task" is used
but after "End Task" is used, the program is completely gone from Task Manager?

All other programs still work (including Edge); please don't tell me we'll wind
up using Edge!

Larry S.

As to your clarify, yes, gone after TM but memory usage before.

Here's the odd thing. Once again, if the laptop sits for hours, unused but turned on, sometimes SM will start. Not predictable, though, so not reproducible. We're totally confused!