Danny Kile composed on 2017-04-20 11:23 (UTC-0400):

> So maybe you can tell me this why do they need to sniff at all?
Only because their design methods are broken is there to them an apparent need,
and this largely or mostly because of their determination to exercise maximum
control over how you see what you see rather than how what you get works or not.

> Why do they need to know who's browser is used.
So they can justify chastising those who don't use the browsers they test with,
or reject allowing them access to their content; an extra way to shoot
themselves in their feet.

> Make the website work with all browsers, is that not possible?

It is possible only when not using incompetent design methods. It's a monkey
see, monkey do design heritage. They get taught wrong and don't know any better,
and there are none adequately motivated to cause needed educational changes, or
changes in the tools they use.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/