Linux 2.46
I never compose email except in plain text.

mail.enable_autocomplete

Most of the time I like having it true. However there are times that I want what
I want and it refuses to keep only what I type (without "<" and ">") remaining
as-is, insisting on auto-completing to auto-collected idiotic Yahoo munged
mailing list addresses I wish could be permanently forgotten, e.g.:

        Felix Miata mrma...@earthlink.net [dfsee-support]
<dfsee-supp...@yahoogroups.com>

and
        'Jan van Wijk' ecomstat...@dfsee.com [dfsee-support]
<dfsee-supp...@yahoogroups.com>

As it's a collected address it will always be returned to history when an email
I sent to the list comes as a normal list email, so deleting from history is
pointless.

I tried adding the addresses manually to address book using empty First, Last
and Display, but they get discarded before I get a chance to use them a second
time.

Does anyone know any workaround?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/