Paul B. Gallagher composed on 2017-05-22 02:19 (UTC-0400):

> Then don't accept the autocompletion by stopping typing. Keep typing the
> desired name or address and ignore SM's suggestions; eventually you'll
> get to the point where your typing doesn't match the undesired address
> and SM will accept what you're typing.
> For example, if you start typing "df" it will match
> <dfsee-supp...@yahoogroups.com>, but if you continue with "dfa" it won't
> match anymore and you can get on with your life.

You still don't understand what is happening. I want a particular email address,
period. No angle brackets, no quotes, nothing but the single string required for
the SMTP, POP and/or IMAP servers to get it to the appropriate destination. Once
I get the email address I want, autocomplete finds a match from addresses
collected from Yahoo with all Yahoo's own anti-spam email list "From" field
munging, obliterating what I type. I edit the junk away, and autocomplete puts
it right back.

First below (01) as sent:
http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Moz/smmail246yahoo01.png

All as received:
http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Moz/smmail246yahoo01.png
http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Moz/smmail246yahoo02.png
http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Moz/smmail246yahoo03.png
http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Moz/smmail246yahoo04.png
http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Moz/smmail246yahoo05.png

When I try to reply to the received copy of what I originally sent, I get this
at the head of the compose port:

Felix Miata mrma...@earthlink.net [eComStation] composed on 2017-05-15 21:17
(UTC-0400):

which is not what was originally sent, due to Yahoo's "From" munging.

> OK, once again I don't see why you're going to all this trouble to fix
> something that isn't wrong. If that's the desired email address, why
> bother removing the name associated with it?
It *is* wrong if it isn't what I put there intending it to stay there. It *is*
wrong to usurp what I type or paste there. I don't ever use auto-correct. I
don't need correction. If I don't make a selection from among the auto-complete
offerings, it shouldn't be forcing one.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/