Hartmut Figge wrote:

Hm, no. Not for my SMs. My standard choice is Plain test and every HTML
                                                Plain Text

A possibility for supersede would be nice. :)

You might like to tell us how you chose and enforced that "standard choice." Even better, I'd be perfectly happy if SM honored the sender's choice. But that's not what happens on my machine.

P.S. The listserv to which I referred was not this one. I subscribe to several, and some require plain text and honor it, but that particular one converts all messages to multipart/alternative with an HTML version and a plain text version.

Paul B. Gallagher