Daniel wrote:
stevekgr...@gmail.com wrote on 13/09/2018 8:38 AM:
On Sunday, September 2, 2018 at 12:07:54 PM UTC-5, no...@nonospam.org
wrote:
Yesterday morning, when I went to google.com, the cursor was
displaced to the top of the search box instead of being centered,
and as I typed in a search some of the words would spill over to a
second line in the search box. This happened only with SM, and it
happened on every computer I tried it on.

Later in the day, the problem disappeared, but today it is back
again. I haven't seen this on any other website.

Why is this only showing up on SM and not on Firefox, IE11, or
Edge? Any ideas on how to eliminate it? Thanks!

John -- Q: What's the quickest way to get a mailbox full of spam? A: Post a message in any newsgroup using a real email address.

Therefore, please reply in this newsgroup. Thank you.

I am having the same problem.  Am running SeaMonkey 2.49.4 on a
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit machine.  I have seen work arounds for
Win 7 Ultimate but not for my OS. Since this is a Google initiated
problem, seems to me Google should fix it instead of me having to
jump thru hoops for a work around.  I am not that webpage code
knoledgeable so I have no idea what folks are talking about when they

knowledgable so I have no idea what folks are talking about when they

talk about "about:config" or
"general.useragen.site_specific_overrides"  Any help greatly

general.useragent.site_specific_overrides

appreciated.

Steve, those two things you mention are not webpage coding, they are browser coding, if you like, because they can effect how *YOUR* browser works on *YOUR* computer.

If you type "about:config" (without the inverted commas) in your browser addressbar (or even just click on the term above), you should get a warning page advising you that any changes you make could break SeaMonkey. If you accept the warning, you will then see a screen listing all (well, almost all) the preferences that effect how SeaMonkey operates.

Some/Most will be set to "default" whilst some will be bolded and state "user set" because you changed something that effected how SM operated. Some of the preference names are relatively self-explanatory, whilst some might be mysterious!!

Karl's version of Parkinson's Law:  Work expands to exceed the time alloted it.

Fedora20
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Build identifier: 20180711183816

ps. family: https://vinkesteijn.com