Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote on 5/17/2020 7:11 AM:
flyguy wrote:
Windows 10, SM 2.49.4

Task Manager showed SM using 32% memory with email and one browser window open. The browser had only one tab with the Washington Post front page. Closing the browser reduced memory use to 24%; after closing the email then reopening it, it used only 7%. I've noticed this high memory usage before. Is there a way to avoid it, or to reduce it without closing the program? I don't mind closing/reopening the email, but often I have several windows and tabs open, so it's a nuisance to close the browser, too.

What does:
- exiting the whole program (File -> Quit)
- restarting it
- Go -> Restore Previous Session (from the browser) do for your memory usage?

Just to be clear, here's another example:

- email and browser(1 tab) open: 26% memory usage (out 8GB)
- email still open, close browser: 23% mem. usage
- close email, open email only: 10% usage
- begin this reply: 14% usage

So, email is using an extra 13% for no apparent reason. And, 13% is significant, as I have only 8GB RAM. When usage gets to 80%, the computer becomes sluggish, and SM in particular can become "Not responding" for many seconds, or much longer and have to be closed with Task Manager.