[EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> i'll be sure to put it up since it has my ip in it
> on my how to build a nuke from radio shack parts website

Um... what?

(1) The seednodes.ref file contains *other* nodes, not yours.  If you
want to publish your own node reference, you may also do that, but it's
not included in seednodes.ref by default.

(2) If people go to my web site, they have my IP address.  I don't
exactly try to hide my identity here, y'know...

> so i can think of a few reason folks might not want
> to put their seed ref on their freesite

I said WEB site.  Not freesite.  But yes, I do publish my seednodes.ref
file on my freesite as well as my web site.  Even if I were trying
to keep myself anonymous, which I clealy am not, point (1) above
would make this a relatively safe practice.  Remember the Freedom
Seed?  (And before that, the Evil Seed.)

Of course, a seednodes.ref file on a freesite would not be very
helpful to the original poster, since he was reporting RNFs.  It
would be a bit like giving someone a CD-ROM with drivers on it for
their new CD-ROM drive.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |