Here's an answer from a real lawyer:
http://www.eff.org/IP/P2P/p2p_copyright_wp.php

"2. Your two options: total control or total anarchy.

In the wake of recent decisions on indirect copyright liability, it
appears that copyright law has foisted a binary choice on P2P
developers: either build a system that allows for thorough monitoring
and control over end-user activities, or build one that makes such
monitoring and control impossible....

The law of contributory infringement therefore presents a developer with
a binary choice: you can either include mechanisms that enable
monitoring and control of user activities (and use them to stop
allegedly infringing activity when you receive complaints), or choose a
truly decentralized architecture that will convince a judge that such
monitoring and control is impossible without extensive redesign.
(Copyright owners have begun arguing that you must at redesign future
versions of your software to prevent infringement. This remarkable
argument has not yet been accepted by any court.)"

Granted this doesn't apply strictly to your suggestion, but it is pretty
close.