I've read that there should be a parameter that limits java's mem usage in
/usr/bin/start-freenet.sh. Mine seems to lack that parameter.  here is a copy of my
start-freenet.sh:

#!/bin/bash
# This script is a companion script to the Gentoo freenet init script.
# Logs freenet's stdout and stderr for debugging needs.
#
# Author: Brandon Low <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
#
${JAVA} ${JAVA_ARGS} freenet.node.Main -p /etc/freenet.conf \
        > /var/freenet/freenet.stdout.log 2> /var/freenet/freenet.stderr.log &
echo $!

My node eats up HUNDREDS of megs of ram after several hours, and I need to limit it.
what do I need to add to this file?